- What types of jobs are offered?
- How do I know which position with CIMA+ matches my profile best?
- Can I apply if the positions available do not match my profile?
- What happens once I’ve created my profile and sent in my CV?
- Who will have access to my profile and CV?
- If I apply to a position at a particular office, will the other offices automatically have access to my file?
- I applied to a position online, but no one has contacted me. What does that mean?
- Can I meet with someone from human resources to discuss employment opportunities at CIMA+?
- Does CIMA+ encourage internal promotions?
- Do my references have to be submitted with my CV?
- What advice can you give me on preparing my CV?
- How do I apply to an internship?
- When during the year does CIMA+ carry out on-campus recruitment?
1. What types of jobs are offered?
Employment opportunities with CIMA+ are many and varied. Some examples of available positions are: engineer, technician, draftsperson, urban planner, project leader, construction site supervisor, landscape architect, and environmental professional.
Visit the All Job Openings section for more information.
2. How do I know which position with CIMA+ matches my profile best?
Visit the A World of Expertise page to see a list of all the fields that CIMA+ works in. Visiting the other sections of our website will give you more information about CIMA+ and help you understand the role you could fill on our team.
3. Can I apply if the positions available do not match my profile?
Yes. You can add your name to our candidate pool by creating your profile and sending us your CV. We will contact you if a position matching your skills becomes available.
4. What happens once I’ve created my profile and sent in my CV?
A receipt notification will be sent to you. If your profile matches what we are looking for then you will be invited to a preliminary interview. The interview will be in person or over the phone. If the preliminary interview goes well, you will be invited to a second interview.
5. Who will have access to my profile and CV?
We have a very strict privacy and confidentiality policy. The information that you send us will be used by our management and human resources personnel for recruitment purposes only.
6. If I apply to a position at a particular office, will the other offices automatically have access to my file?
Yes. You can apply to one or more positions that match your experience and skill level. You create your profile once, and all offices have access to it.
7. I applied to a position online, but no one has contacted me. What does that mean?
A receipt notification will be sent to you by email. However, given the number of applications that we have to manage, we cannot communicate will all applicants for every position that we post. If your skills match an available position, we will contact you to schedule an interview. If your skills do not match the position, your profile and CV will be kept in our candidate pool.
8. Can I meet with someone from human resources to discuss employment opportunities at CIMA+?
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we unfortunately cannot meet with all persons who have put their profile in the candidate pool or applied to a specific position. Rest assured that we have access to your file and we will process it with care and professionalism.
9. Does CIMA+ encourage internal promotions?
Yes. Our philosophy encourages the professional development and career progression of employees within our team.
10. Do my references have to be submitted with my CV?
No. If we are interested we will request your references following the interview. You must then provide us with contact information allowing us to check those references (name and title of immediate superior, telephone number).
11. What advice can you give me on preparing my CV?
- Provide all information regarding postsecondary studies; do not give only your most recent degree.
- Provide all information regarding your work experience. Don’t forget to include dates (month, year).
- Give examples of your general skills and computer knowledge.
- Indicate your language skills (languages spoken and written, proficiency).
- Attach a cover letter that summarizes your career development, why you are applying, any other details that you consider relevant for evaluating your candidacy, and the title of the position that you are applying for.
12. How do I apply to an internship?
The best way to apply to an internship is to go to the Careers section of our website, click on Create your Profile, and fill out the general application form. Please select the Intern option in the Additional Information section and indicate which discipline you would like to complete your internship in.
Please attach your CV and a cover letter specifying that you are looking for an internship. Don’t forget to indicate the discipline you are interested in, your availability and your field of study.
13. When during the year does CIMA+ carry out on-campus recruitment?
All year. We participate in various career development events and job fairs. The dates of these events are posted in the News section of our website.