Our team of bridge engineering experts has carved itself an enviable reputation over the course of the last few years, as much for the number of projects that it has completed as for the quality of services offered in the areas of construction project planning, design, management and infrastructure reconstruction.
CIMA+ has the necessary expertise to conduct preparatory studies, prepare plans and specifications and manage the work, whether for bridges (on roads, above water, railway, etc.), swing bridges, tunnels, overhead signage mounting systems, interchanges, pedestrian overpasses, etc.
CIMA+ is regularly called upon for work or analysis involving the following types of infrastructures:
- suspension or cable-stayed
- steel framed
- in concrete
- with mixed steel and concrete structures
- with box girders in reinforced steel, pre- or post-tensioned
- with prefabricated beams in prestressed concrete
- with curved beams in concrete using composites made of fibre reinforced polymer
- level or multilevel interchanges
- large-scale culverts
CIMA+ was also responsible for the inspection of a significant number of structures over the course of the last few years. The inspection and monitoring of existing infrastructures also represents a noteworthy challenge, due to the age of many structures. In order to fully determine the measures to be taken to ensure the safety and comfort of users, it is important to take the appropriate actions, at the right time, according to the priority assigned to any given need. In order to do this, one must:
- complete an inventory of the infrastructure bringing together all available data about its history and current conditions
- manage this collected information properly and secure it to ensure good knowledge of the network
- conduct summary or detailed inspection of the infrastructures, which allows:
- identification of the components that could affect structural integrity and users' safety
- detect recent anomalies
- assess damages (structural assessments, bearing capacity, etc.)
- establish priority ranking of interventions
- plan maintenance
- preventive (cleaning, painting, waterproofing, etc.)
- ongoing (correction or reinforcement of certain components of the infrastructures such as guardrails, expansion joints, fill, slab stability, etc.)
- plan reconstruction, essentially major corrections to one or another component of the infrastructure, after preparation of an opportunity study and plans and specifications (for example: design reinforcement measures)
- plan for the replacement of existing infrastructure if it has reached the end of its life cycle and must be partially or completely rebuilt
- launch the construction of new infrastructures
In all these fields, our team of experts uses cutting-edge techniques in the field of structural inspection, as well as infrastructure construction and reconstruction.
CIMA+ also serves as an independent consultant in situations where events are likely to affect the integrity of infrastructures, and particularly in a preventive fashion, notably by performing seismic analyses to ensure infrastructure stability.