This project involved the replacement of a dam built in 1911-1912 with a new 138 m long and 6.75 m high concrete gravity dam with 15 sluiceways. Works allowed to increase the site’s discharge capacity, and improve water level management, therefore ensuring better protection of the public and properties located upstream and downstream. As part of a consortium, CIMA+ completed the feasibility study to determine the best alternative between rehabilitation or complete reconstruction of the dam with the potential of adding three 500 kW VLH turbines in the future sluiceways. CIMA+ provided technical support during the procurement and call for tender phases, as well as resident site supervision services during construction.
In order to avoid diverting the river during the works, the project was designed and executed in two separate phases.