Any production plant shut-down in an industry that operates 24 hours per day and 7 days per week entails significant costs.
TEMPUS is a unique online migration system developed by CIMA+ that allows for:
- Elimination of plant shutdowns
- Online commissioning and testing
- Elimination of I/O signal disruption
- Significant reduction in project costs
- Utilization of physical signals rather than communication protocols
- Fail-safe operation
- Unlimited amount of I/O signals
- Added flexibility to design and commissioning
- Migration from any platform to any platform – non-vendor specific
- Flexibility to support all conventional I/O types
The TEMPUS solution facilitates the migration of any industrial control system to a new or upgraded platform, without impacting the plant’s production.
TEMPUS is a control system migration solution that uses a CSA certified (North America NRTL compliance), temporary hardware installation that facilitates all the wiring from one control system to another, without disrupting the signals. Once the new control system is operating the plant, the tool is removed, leaving a new and well-organized control system with no legacy equipment remaining.
Combined with the expertise of CIMA+’s automation engineering team, TEMPUS can eliminate shutdowns and simplify the entire project. By significantly reducing the risks and unknown factors surrounding the migration process; CIMA+ is able to carry out the whole project from concept to completion, including construction, migration and commissioning, without a loss of production.
- White paper (PDF)
- To learn more about TEMPUS, download our brochure (PDF)
- View a typical project timeline (PDF)
Interested in implementing TEMPUS? Please contact: