The main objective of the project is to repair the Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine Bridge-Tunnel infrastructure and upgrade certain systems in order to avoid the need for major interventions for a period of at least 40 years. The estimated cost of the project is $2.2 B.
As part of the Independent Certification Agent, CIMA+ undertakes to act in an impartial, professional and fully independent manner, and in accordance with the highest quality standards. Its main role is to monitor all of the Construction work to ensure compliance with the Contract, especially with respect to quality requirements.
The project includes the following interventions:
- Repair of the tunnel :
- Repair of structural systems;
- Upgrading of fire protection for users;
- Bringing the smoke removal ventilation system up to standard;
- Protection of infrastructure assets against major fires;
- Modernization of the operating systems and equipment;
- Reconstruction of the A-25 roadway;
- Measures to improve mobility.
As an Independent Certification Agent, CIMA+ works closely with the client and the contractor in accordance with the terms of the project Contract, and is responsible for the following:
- Deploying its team of experts to certify the various levels of the Project design;
- Monitoring the Contractor’s schedule on a regular basis, and setting up a sampling system for observation of the construction work;
- Attending and taking part in the various technical committees and sub-committees by contributing its expertise;
- Delivering certifications for commissioning of the systems and equipment.