Building sustainable, well-designed wastewater treatment facilities is vital to the environment and the overall well-being of communities. Solutions today and tomorrow must not only provide clean drinking water to the public, but also clean the water before it flows back into our lakes and collect rainwater to support eco-friendly resource recovery.
Ensuring the growth of your community with confidence
Tackling a wastewater management challenge can be daunting. Workflow, hydraulics, electricity, controls, instrumentation, control and data acquisition systems, structural design and environmental responsibility are just a few of the elements that must be mastered to obtain innovative and profitable solutions.
At CIMA+, we have extensive wastewater management expertise. Unlike our competitors, our in-house electrical and structural team is 100% dedicated to the design of wastewater treatment plants and knows all the ins and outs of these facilities.
Our team of specialists can ensure your infrastructure assets are in proper working order and that there is a plan in place to determine their end-of-life and any necessary upgrades. We can develop a long-term growth plan for the community's health and safety, plus accurately analyze profitability, energy efficiency and costs. When necessary, we support municipalities applying for funding, in order to expedite the process and allow them to obtain the funds they need to cover their project costs.
Our expertise: facts and figures
CIMA+’s achievements span more than 30 years and speak for themselves: we play a key role in creating tomorrow’s sustainable solutions.e.
Our specialized services
You can count on our multidisciplinary specialists to meet your requirements and expectations. We offer a full range of engineering services to successfully deliver your project, from start to finish.
CIMA+ provides services through the full project lifecycle including the production or review of the following:
- Environmental assessments
- Master plans
- Hydraulic modeling
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Asset management
- Technology environment management
- Peer reviews
- Value engineering
- Environmental assimilative capacity studies
CIMA+ is a leader in wastewater engineering, using the latest technology to provide solutions to improve treatment systems.
- Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and rehabilitation
- Sludge and biosolids management
- Energy efficiency and recovery (biogas)
- Odour control
- Environmental footprint reduction
- Aerated Membrane Bioreactor (AMBR)
CIMA+ can help you at every step of your conveyance or pumping station project from an initial condition assessment to detailed design and commissioning including:
- Rehabilitation and upgrades
- Odour control
- Pipeline installation to pump wastewater to treatment plant
- Hydraulic assessment and design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Complete service offiering crossing all disciplines including: Structural, Mechanical, Electricals, Instrumentation and Controls
With respect to overflow and combined sewer flow management, CIMA+ has the following expertise:
- Sewer and wastewater pipe segregation to reduce overflows
- Hydraulic modeling
- Overflow reports (wastewater flows, overflow frequency, overflow precipitation and compensatory measures)
CIMA+ has an electrical team experienced in water and wastewater facilities providing the following services :
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Automation Systems – PLC/RPU/ICPs
- Power distribution Infrastructure – Motor Control Centers, Switchgear, Substations
- Wide area and local area SCADA communication networks
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) HMI server infrastructure
- Emergency Power Generation Systems
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) gas cogeneration
- Building Services, life safety and security
CIMA+ has a structural team experienced in water and wastewater facilities providing the following services :
- Condition assessment and restoration of reinforced concrete and steel structures
- Water retaining structures, foundations and below grade design
- Waterproofing and sealants assessment
Discover our wastewater projects
Our teams have successfully completed many large-scale engineering projects.
Separation and replacement of a sewer system in the Ville de Gatineau using the trenchless microtunneling method
Within the context of its efforts to clean up the Ruisseau de la Brasserie and protect public health, the Ville de...
The City of Fossambault-sur-le-Lac was confronted with the lack of capacity of its wastewater pumping station, which regularly resulted in overflows into Saint-Joseph Lake during spring melt periods and...
CIMA+ led the design and provided construction management for upgrades to the existing submersible type sewage pumping station from 190 L/s to 340 L/s. All station pumps, process piping and valves...
As several new residential developments were planned in the next few years, the City needed to examine the capacity of the domestic sewer system to meet an increased demand....
Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant (ABTP) is the second largest wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) in Canada. CIMA+ is working with the City of Toronto on several contracts to upgrade plant...
Awards and recognition
Our constant quest for excellence and innovation has been rewarded several times.
2018 – Petrolia Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion and Upgrades
CIMA+ won the Ontario Public Works Association (OPWA) Project of the Year Award | Small Municipality for the Petrolia Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion and Upgrades.
CIMA+: a one-stop solution for all your engineering needs
We are proud of our multidisciplinary approach. By offering you everything under one roof, you benefit from a simplified collaborative approach to deliver projects quickly and on time.